Paul Steinmann  draws on his international experience and expertise  in creative and art direction for culture projects and experience design . Paul graduated from HFG Karlsruhe (Karlsruhe University of Arts and Design) in 2008, where he grew an interdisciplinary skill and mindset between communication design, product design, sound art and experience design. He continued working as communication designer in New York City, Cologne and Amsterdam before heading to Berlin where he now lives and works. His work has been awarded numerous prizes and has been on public display .
Experimental Design with Digital Tools for the Real World, Including the Immaterial.
He teaches experimental design at various art schools  where he develops frameworks to investigate concepts of content creation and multi-, inter- and crossmedia communication design in all dimensions .
Behind all of this is an attitude of critical, fearless turning towards people, methods and tools, ways of thinking and disciplines, theories and technologies, which acknowledges and embraces ambivalence: Absurd Dialog .
Content-Driven Design Approach
Paul pursues a content-driven design approach and focuses on robust yet sensitive concepts that can be applied in different contexts. For example, the use of media is typically determined during the process of collaboration.
Services include (in alphabetical order):
- Animation (2D, 3D)
- Art Direction
- Book Design
- Brand Development
- Communication Design
- Corporate Design
- Creative Consulting
- Creative Direction
- Creativity Training
- Editorial Design
- Editorial Design
- Exhibition Design
- Experience Design
- Experiential Design
- Experimental Design
- Graphic Design
- Information Design
- Interior Design
- Music Composition
- Music Arrangement
- Process Design
- Sound Design
- Spatial Design
- Stage Design
- Temporary Scenography
- Video Editing
- Web Design
Please be welcome to get in touch via e-mail.
- There are more Paul Steinmanns than you'd think. There is a theater author in Switzerland, a mechanical engineer and even another graphic designer in Germany. If you look them up (I'm not gonna put the links here) you could think someone has invented timetravel and three Pauls at different ages live on the same timeline. Creepy.
- Freelance work at Random Studio, Amsterdam, Karlssonwilker Inc., New York City, Meiré und Meiré, Cologne, Wieden+Kennedy, Portland Oregon / co-founder of former design studio David & Paul, Cologne / solo practice Absurd Dialog (This), Berlin
- Including client work for Museum Ludwig, Museum Folkwang, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Theaterhaus Jena, various Artists, Red Bull Music Academy, Akademie der Künste Berlin, Trier Center for American Studies and many more …
- Paul was awarded an ADC Young Gun X winner (The One Club for Creativity New York), his work w/ David Eckes was awarded by the Art Directors Club für Deutschland e.V., 100 Beste Plakate and nominated for the German Design Award. German design journal Page published a portrait on Paul in PAGE (7.2013) „10 deutsche Gestalter, die Sie kennen sollten“ (10 German designers you should know).
- So far Paul teaches, has taught and lectured at Bremen University of the Arts, Braunschweig University of Arts, Köln International School of Design, Trier University of Applied Sciences, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg and HfG Karlsruhe.
- 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D, and 7D.
- The artist and architecture and art teacher Allan Wexler apparently refused to print a quote by Albert Einstein in his book "Absurd Thinking" because he found it “corny” to include an Albert Einstein quote into his book. I agree. But still... it can’t be unsaid: “If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” (Albert Einstein – though it may as well have been his first wife Mileva who said this).
Impressum / Colophon:
Angaben / Specifications:
gemäß § 5 TMG / Information according to § 5 TMG
Paul Steinmann, Muskauer Str. 8, 10997 Berlin
Kontakt / Contact:
Telefon: +493061089296, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Umsatzsteuer-ID / VAT ID:
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß § 27a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE279166400
Verbraucher-Streit-Beilegung / Universal-Schlichtungsstelle:
Wir sind nicht bereit oder verpflichtet, an Streitbeilegungsverfahren vor einer Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle teilzunehmen.